Oxford Public Schools Sub-Committees
School Committee Approved on May 23, 2016
Expectations of Sub-Committee Chair
· Schedule meetings (5-8 meetings per sub-committee during the course of the school year, primarily between October and June).
· Work with the Administrative Secretary for the School Committee to post an agenda for all meetings in accordance with Open Meeting Law.
· Ensure minutes are recorded for all sub-committee meetings. Minutes should be forwarded to the Administrative Secretary for distribution to the full Committee.
· Report at each School Committee meeting on the sub-committee’s work and ensure the full Committee is aware of the next scheduled meeting.
Policy - Bill Spitz & Palmina Griffin Next Meeting: None Scheduled.
· Reviews, proposes, and considers matters pertaining to policies and procedures.
· This subcommittee also maintains the Policy Manual.
· Policies will be reviewed on a rotating basis, unless the committee requests an expedited review of a policy.
· Recommended Membership: Two members of the School Committee, two staff members, and three members of the community.
· Members will work with the Business Manager, Town Manager, Finance Committee, and the Board of Selectman.
· Members will assist with developing budget-related communications and the annual budget presentation/hearing.
· Recommended Membership: Two members of the School Committee, two staff members, three members of the community, one member of the Finance Committee or a designee, and one member of the Board of Selectmen or a designee.
Personnel and Negotiations - Sam Bitar & Cassandra Day Next Meeting: None Scheduled.
Members represent the full Committee in
collective bargaining with all unionized employees.
School Buildings and Safety - Dan Coonan & Bill Spitz Next Meeting: None Scheduled.
Inspect physical buildings
annually and report to the committee any recommendations, and any capital
recommendations to the Finance Subcommittee.
District Accountability & Curriculum - Dan Coonan & Palmina Griffin Next Meeting: None Scheduled.
Reviews proposed substantive
changes to curriculum and adoption of related instructional materials.
Please note that School Committee policy indicates that the Chair and the Superintendent are ex-officio members of all sub-committees.