Finance and Operations
The responsibilities of the financial operations staff are broad in the School District. Their overall goal is to support the educational mission of the District by administering the financial functions and ensuring all laws, policies and procedures pertaining to those functions are followed, and proper internal controls exist.
Some responsibilities of the staff members include:
- Assisting with development of the School Department's Annual Capital and Operating Budget;
- Processing accounts payable invoices and the School Department's weekly accounts payable warrant;
- Procuring goods and services in compliance with applicable laws, policies, and procedures;
- Handling District revenue deposits and bank reconciliation of all activity accounts; and
- Overseeing grants, fiscal/budgetary reporting, and audit functions.