New Student Enrollment
The District utilizes a central enrollment process for all students in grades Preschool through 12. Parents/guardians must follow the steps below to enroll their student into the Oxford Public Schools.
This is the initial step to enrolling your student.
Once the application is approved, you will receive an email regarding a parent account with PowerSchool. It is the responsibility of the parent/caregiver to provide all required documentation prior to starting school. Checklists are listed below as well as on the online forms. If you have a unique living situation, please contact the Registrar.
If you have any questions or difficulties with the process please contact the Registrar - 508-987-6050 x 1128
You may make an appointment for assistance in completing the forms.
You will receive an email if any additional documentation is needed.
Prior to beginning the process, please review and/or print the checklist below and utilize it to ensure you have acquired the neccessary documentation. This checklist is for your records. You may print it.
It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to obtain all necessary forms and documents.
This link provides directions for translation in other languages
Important Information regarding transfers!
Transfers may take place at any time during the school year. To transfer a student from another school for the current year, make certain to choose 2022-2023 school year in the pre-enrollment application.
You should advise the sending school that you intend to transfer the student out, and inform them of the dates expected.
You may also ask the sending school for a copy of your student's records.
2023-2024 School Year
- Preschool - All Preschool students must first be screened. Please go to the Preschool web page first to complete and submit a screening request form. Screening dates have been determined. Once your student has been accepted into our program, you will be notified and you may complete the new student enrollment process. Preschool enrollment will take place beginning May 1
- Kindergarten - Please review the information on the Kindergarten web page prior to completing this enrollment process. Initial Kindergarten enrollment will take place March 1st - April 29th.
- 1st-12th Grades - In addition to completing the steps below, please follow the withdrawal process for the school your student will be leaving and ask them to forward copies of the required documents listed in Step 7, including the state mandated discipline report. Enrollment for Grades 1-12 will start on June 1st and continue through the summer.
Enrollment Forms & Documentation
Consider downloading a free App called Adobe Scan for iPhone or Androids. Photos are extremely difficult to work with and may be rejected by the Registrar.
The following forms and documentation must be completed or provided by the parent/guardian. Click on the dropdown arrows to view the requirements and documentation for each step. Some forms require the document upload prior to submitting or saving the form.
For your convenience, a list of PDF scanner apps for smartphones is in the column to the right. Any documents that are not legible will be rejected. You may be required to submit documents in person.
- Please review the above dates for the 2023-2024 school year to ensure you are submitting the online form during the appropriate enrollment period.
You will be asked to complete a Pre-Enrollment application with student information. Upon submission we will be notified that a new student is enrolling, and you will be contacted via the email provided for the custodial parents/guardians. Please check your email regularly for any follow-up from the registrar!
Parent/Guardian should gather documents below for each student being enrolled.
- Birth Certificate - Government-issued original or copy with raised seal.
- Proof of Physical Custody - If applicable. Proof of physical custody includes, but is not limited to, divorce agreements, guardianship paperwork, adoption paperwork, foster paperwork, etc.
Step 3 - Residency
Parent/Guardian must provide the following residency documents.
If you are unable to provide this information, please contact the Registrar.
- Proof Of Residency, Occupancy, and Identification - One document or set of documents from EACH column.
- Residency Affidavit - To be completed and notarized if you do not have a lease or own your home.
- Residency Confirmation Statement - For ALL families, please read and sign this document, acknowledging the state-mandated residency law and the District's requirements. This is now included in the Online Enrollment form, but you can view the document below.
Step 4 - Medical Documentation
Please review the School Health Policy and Procedures below for information about the District's state-mandated medical documentation protocols. Parents/Guardians are required to provide the following:
- Health Record - More often referred to as a "physical." Date of examination must be within 12 months of the start date of school. See the Massachusetts School Health Record attachment below.
- Certificate of Immunizations - Must be in compliance with Massachusetts School Immunization Requirements. See the Immunizations Certificate example below.
- Medicaid Expansion Authorization Form - Please review the document below and complete the second page if you acknowledge and permit the Oxford Public Schools to submit your child's information to Medicaid. Note that this is optional. If you have questions about this information, please reach out to our Student Services department.
If a parent/guardian cannot provide the documents requested themselves, please contact your child's Primary Care Physician to fax copies to 508-987-6054, attn: Registrar.
Step 4 - Helpful Information Links
Step 5 - Free & Reduced Lunch
If you qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch based on received financial assistance or income, please review the information below and complete the Free & Reduced Lunch Application. If you are unsure if you qualify, you are always encouraged to complete an application! For any questions or concerns, please go to the Food Services page and contact the Food Service Director.
Included on that page are the following documents:
- Free & Reduced Lunch Application 2023-2024 - If applicable, for the 2023-2024 School Year Only.
- Free & Reduced Instructions & FAQs
- Free & Reduced Sharing Information Release - Optional
Note: Applications must be submitted each new school year. New school year applications are made available in the Summer prior to the first day of school.
Step 6 - School Records
Parent/Guardian should complete the withdrawal process from the school that the student(s) will be leaving and direct the school to email, fax, and/or mail all documents below with the information above to the attention of the Registrar.
- Transfer Card - If transferring from another Massachusetts public school.
- Current Grades - If transferring in the middle of a marking period.
- Last Report Card/Transcript
- Discipline Report/Letter - MGL Ch. 71, Sec. 37L requires a discipline report or letter regarding discipline even if there are no incidents.
- IEP or 504 Plan and Supporting Documents - If applicable. Must be signed by the parent/guardian.
Step 7 - Make an Appointment
Once all of the above forms and documentation have been submitted to the Registrar, the parent/guardian must schedule an appointment with the Registrar to review all enrollment materials. You will be provided additional information about the Oxford Public Schools, and can ask any questions you may have.
Appointments can be a telephone call or you may come into the office.
Please call 508-987-6050 x 1128 to speak with the Registrar. You may request an in person meeting if you prefer.
Appointments are scheduled in 30-minute intervals within the allotted hours below:
Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure the Registrar has received all of the appropriate documentation.
Click below to view a list of scanner apps if you do not have access to a scanner or fax machine: