New Student Registration
It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to obtain all necessary forms and documents.
Important Information regarding transfers!
2022-2023 School Year
- Preschool - All Preschool students must first be screened. Please go to the Preschool web page first to complete and submit a screening request form. Once your student has been accepted into our program, you will be notified and you may complete the new student registration process. Preschool registration will take place May 2nd - May 27th .
- Kindergarten - Please review the information on the Kindergarten web page prior to completing this registration process. Initial Kindergarten registration will take place March 1st - April 29th.
- 1st-12th Grades - In addition to completing the steps below, please follow the withdrawal process for the school your student will be leaving and ask them to forward copies of the required documents listed in Step 7, including the state mandated discipline report. Registration for Grades 1-12 will start on June 1st and continue through the summer.
Registration Forms & Documentation
Consider downloading a free App called Adobe Scan for iPhone or Androids. Photos are extremely difficult to work with and may be rejected by the Registrar.
Step 1 - Online Registration Form - Click on this line to open the collapsible box.
- Please review the above dates for the 2022-2023 school year to ensure you are submitting the online form during the appropriate registration period.
Step 2 - Legal Documentation
- Birth Certificate - Government-issued original or copy with raised seal.
- Proof of Physical Custody - If applicable. Proof of physical custody includes, but is not limited to, divorce agreements, guardianship paperwork, adoption paperwork, foster paperwork, etc.
Step 3 - Residency
- Proof Of Residency, Occupancy, and Identification - One document or set of documents from EACH column.
- Residency Affidavit - To be completed and notarized if you do not have a lease or own your home.
- Residency Confirmation Statement - For ALL families, please read and sign this document, acknowledging the state-mandated residency law and the District's requirements. This is now included in the Online Registration form, but you can view the document below.
Step 4 - Medical Documentation
- Health Record - More often referred to as a "physical." Date of examination must be within 12 months of the start date of school. See the Massachusetts School Health Record attachment below.
- Certificate of Immunizations - Must be in compliance with Massachusetts School Immunization Requirements. See the Immunizations Certificate example below.
- Medicaid Expansion Authorization Form - Please review the document below and complete the second page if you acknowledge and permit the Oxford Public Schools to submit your child's information to Medicaid. Note that this is optional. If you have questions about this information, please reach out to our Student Services department.
Step 4 - Helpful Information Links
Step 5 - Free & Reduced Lunch
- Free & Reduced Lunch Application 2022-2023 - If applicable, for the 2022-2023 School Year Only.
- Free & Reduced Instructions & FAQs
- Free & Reduced Sharing Information Release - Optional
Step 6 - School Records
- Transfer Card - If transferring from another Massachusetts public school.
- Current Grades - If transferring in the middle of a marking period.
- Last Report Card/Transcript
- Discipline Report/Letter - MGL Ch. 71, Sec. 37L requires a discipline report or letter regarding discipline even if there are no incidents.
- IEP or 504 Plan and Supporting Documents - If applicable. Must be signed by the parent/guardian.
Step 7 - Make an Appointment